Turning Sunshine Cracker into Sunshine bread
Ever wonder what to do with the crumbs from Sunshine Cracker?
I want to introduce you to this delicious, super-easy Sunshine Bread recipe that gives the versatile sunshine cracker another twist!
It's easy, versatile, and so… delicious! The hands-on time is minimal, and the fabulous results are maximum!
From Sunshine crumbs
To Sunshine bread
For the bread
For the seeded topping
Make 1 large loaf. Serving: 24
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 50 mins
Total hands on time: 1 hr 15 mins
Get your kitchen ready:
You'll need 1 large and 1 small bowl, 1 dutch oven with cover (or a deep oven friendly pot), 1 spatula, plastic wrap, parchment paper, kitchen towel
Prepare Bread dough
- In a large bowl: stir well to combine flour, oats and Sunshine Cracker crumbs. Put aside
- Combine warm water with yeast, salt and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture. Add ¾ cup of the water mixture and stir with a spatula. Keep scraping the mixture from the sides of the bowl to the centre. When the mixture gets difficult to stir, add more of the water in increments
- Stirring as you go until all of the water is added, and all of the flour mixture is well-incorporated.
Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and allow to sit at room temperature for 1 hour; then refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours and up to 48 hours.
Make the bread
- Preheat the oven to 425°F for 30-40 minutes, and place Dutch Oven on the centre rack. Sprinkle ~2 tsp of flour on a piece of parchment paper and set aside on a sheet pan. Sprinkle ~1 tbs of flour onto a work surface, and transfer over the dough from the bowl. Sprinkle the top of the dough lightly with flour.
- Gently press dough to level it out slightly evenly. Starting on one side and turning the dough as you go, fold the edges of dough toward centre, pressing lightly in the centre. Turn the dough ball over, and using both hands, cup dough around the edges to form a smooth, tight ball. Place the dough onto the parchment paper and cover with a kitchen towel. Allow the dough to rise for 40 minutes.
- Brush half of the top of the loaf with water, and sprinkle with the seeded topping. Gently press the seeds onto the side of the loaf. Repeat the same on the other half Remove the Dutch oven and place on the stovetop. Pick up the dough ball by the parchment paper and lower it into the Dutch oven. Cover the Dutch oven and return it to the oven.
- Bake for 40 min with the cover on, then remove the cover/lid and bake for 5-20 min more or until the bread is a nice golden colour. Remove the Dutch oven from the oven, and lift the bread out by the parchment paper, place onto a cooling rack. Gently slide the parchment paper away.
Important! Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing
Recipes inspired by https://thecafesucrefarine.com/
Give this No-Knead Sunshine bread a try! Tag us on Instagram @Jiayo.snax